This tiny chapel set in a sheep field in Yorkshire is all that remains of a once thriving medieval village and manor house. It was probably built in the 1300's for the Tyas family, although there is evidence that a chapel has existed on this site since the 9th century. It is a listed building and is cared for by the Churches Conservation Trust. Its isolation and the sense of history which infuses this building, make it the perfect setting for a dramatic event in 'The Salamander Stone'.